After the rash of statistics and worldwide concern on the incidence of and deaths from H1N1 (swine flu), Master Hong, his staff, and the NHRF coordinated three free events dedicated to educating local communities on Natural Healing methods for preventing swine flu and increasing overall immunity. Hundreds attended the events in Kauai, Honolulu, and Waianae to learn first hand, how to improve the immune system, reduce the incidence of contracting the flu, and how to quickly respond if flu-like symptoms are encountered.
Point inside thumb and index finger.
An important aspect of the Swine Flu prevention event was the sharing and learning of natural and simple methods of prevention. This included Master Hong’s recommendations on lifestyle, healing foods and herbs to fortify and protect the immune system, along with practical self-massage/reflexology points and Qi Gong exercises. Community members of all ages enjoyed trying these methods first hand.
Pressure points in the body/self massage:
- Point inside thumb and index finger (apply pressure & massage 2x/day for 2-3 min.)
- ST-36 point – on lower leg. Gently hit with loose fist, rub, massage or apply pressure to. (2x/day for 2-3 min.)
- Qi Gong exercises to strengthen immune functions in the body. Happy Buddha, shown below, helps strengthen the immune system by opening the upper, middle, and lower body (the triple heater).
ST-36 point on lower leg.
Healing foods & herbs to improve & fortify the immune system:
- Garlic, mushrooms, chives, winter melon, seaweed (kombu, hijiki, arame), sea algae (spirulina), daikon, loquat, pearl barley, walnuts, goji berries, ginger, honey, royal jelly, bee pollen, almonds, black sesame seeds, ginseng, astragalus, honeysuckle, chrysanthemum
- Pear, coconut, water chestnut (mix together)
- Prepare beef or pork with Star Anise & Fennel – boil together and enjoy. Star Anise is a natural anti-germ and viral herb, it’s also found in most common flu and cold medications.
Master Hong explained that some individuals have a greater propensity to catch the flu due to “excessive fire” in the body. This leads to the increased incidence and easy development of fever blisters and pimples on the face and upper body, which is often the outward sign that the immune system is compromised. Honeysuckle & Chrysanthamum (2g. 1x/day) in hot water will help prevent this by naturally aiding the immune system. This easy natural remedy has been used for thousands of years and is well known in Asia. Since the outbreak of the Swine flu, the cost of Honeysuckle has tripled in these countries due to its popularity and effectiveness.
Happy Buddha exercise to strengthen immune functions.
For those with clearly weakened digestive systems (regular ache, sickness) Detoxifier can help remedy these issues and strengthen the immune system. The herbs in Detoxifier affect the full spectrum of germs & viruses. Recommended dosage: 2 capsules per day for prevention.
Master Hong's Healing Center is currently offering a 10% discount on Detoxifier. To purchase please call (626) 445-4284 and mention this article.
If interested in Master Hong’s Happy Buddha Qi Gong exercise, email email@example.com and we will be happy to send you directions on how to properly practice.